Monday, July 26, 2010

wrinkled love

yup...this is what i hope for in my married union
a loving, wrinkled hand providing a pat of comfort
a delicate, discrete stroking of love over my hand
or
vice versa

this morning, on the subway to work, an elderly Asian couple were sitting adjacent to me...from the corner of my eye, i see as his hand gently and so lovingly brushed over top and down his wife's hand...i couldn't help but smile and the thoughts above came to me

i LOVE seeing the love and dedication of elderly couples - straight or same-sex. it provides a glimmer of hope to my misanthropic attitude towards society.

just had to share
never hurts to acknowledge the positives in life, regardless of how small

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous27/7/10 08:09

    When I see an older couple like that, I instantly think of You and I...to share that bond is something not everyone will have the luck of finding...but I found You XO.

    ReplyDelete